Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Transformation, Unlike the Undead

I sit on this Tuesday afternoon in a room of my house trying to beat the 112 degree temperature with a ceiling fan and semi-functioning air conditioner. This heat isn't giving me a migraine, exhaustion, or causing me to function slightly faster then a slug. Relaxation, I feel it today. Though surprised I'll try to appreciate the fact that it's calm and not laziness. Afternoons with nowhere to go and nothing to do are something I grow more fond of.

In resemblance to most of my time at home, a horror movie is playing in the background while I wait for a pot of black tea to brew. My now iced chai is really hitting the spot as I watch Baroness Meinster rise as a new vampire while Dracula's Brides do their bidding.

I'm antsy to write and give my brain a rest while I get the thoughts that bundle and trouble out of my mind. I guess that's one of the reasons I started this blog. Writing it all down almost makes me feel like the late Baroness.

No, I haven't joined a bloodsucking cult since the last saw time you saw me. I just mean I feel change and transformation in myself. Documenting it all and writing it out here helps me view and understand it while covering the bases.

Most older friends and family tell me every chance they get, and maybe they're right. I'm growing up, though I'm not really sure what that means. Truthfully, the idea of "grown ups" frightens me. I guess I'm changing, evolving into something better. I hope.

This Sam Grove version 2.0 isn't jaded, or looking at things with a large chip on her shoulder. She doesn't have the most worldly eye nor has she experienced everything there is to see, but she is out there experiencing and learning. She may be more realistic now with a sprinkle of cynicism, but she hasn't lost all hope. She's evolving to the point where she refers to herself in third person. Oh, classy.

I'm not really sure what anything means lately, but... if anything means anything, then this means something good. For now.

2 comments:

Tom H. said...

I wrote a comment a while ago, and I wasn't signed in, so it didn't take. Which is good, cuz it was gibberish.
Basically, in a nutshell, I said change is good. Usually. :)

Samantha Marie said...

Hah! I would have liked to have read the jibberish. I'm embracing the change, and taking it all with a grain of salt.